Resources for Employers
or use our contact form
One of Double The Donation's goals is to assist companies who are interested in creating a corporate matching gift or volunteer grant program for their employees. If you're looking to start or expand your corporate giving programs, feel free to utilize the following resources:
1. What are the benefits of instituting a matching gift or volunteer grant program?
2. How can we design a matching gift or volunteer grant program?
3. What are characteristics of best in class corporate giving programs?
4. Should we manage the process internally or contract it out to a third party vendor?
- Encourage employee philanthropy and volunteerism
- Increase employee morale and retention
- Develop a reputation for giving back in communities which your corporation is based in
- Receive tax incentives
We created two documents that outline benefits and specific requirements of matching gift and volunteer grant programs:
Eligible nonprofits: Employees are passionate about different causes. Allow them to select from any 501(c)(3) nonprofit or accredited educational institution or K-12 school.
Types of Giving Programs: Employees give back to communities in different ways. Some choose to donate monetarily while others may give their time. Offer matching gifts, volunteer grant programs, and grants for participating in fundraising walks.
Eligible Employees: It is standard to offer corporate giving programs to full-time and part-time employees. Don't forget to include retirees and spouses as they're some of the most active donors and volunteers and can really help raise your company's reputation within your communities
Submission Process: Make it easy! Either hire a vendor or internally design an easy to use process.
Double The Donation is focused on helping nonprofits maximize donations received from existing matching gift and volunteer grant programs. We don't setup or manage corporate programs, but there are a number of companies out there that cater to corporations.
3rd party matching gift and volunteer grant program vendors:
- Program design
- Online portal for employees to track volunteer hours and request matching gifts
- Up-to-date reporting
- Customer Service for your employees
- Verification of the nonprofit
- Processing of grants
Who uses the vendors?
The larger a company is, the more likely they are to use a vendor. For instance, most Fortune 100 companies use a vendor while smaller businesses are more likely to manage their programs internally.
Curious how our service benefits nonprofits?
Test us out! Go through our signup process to see how our service works.