Whether your company is managing a corporate giving program or your nonprofit is seeking matching gift revenue, corporate philanthropy can be tricky to master.
For businesses, creating an effective matching gift program entails substantial hard work that will ultimately pay off. For nonprofits, it takes ongoing research to acquire much-deserved matching gift revenue. Nonetheless, corporate social responsibility is a growing, impactful phenomenon.
Matching gift programs are naturally complex, but fortunately, there are several technology solutions on the market. To kick off your research, let’s go through each of these major areas:
If you’re not already familiar with these philanthropic programs, take a look at this comprehensive guide on corporate giving. Otherwise, let’s jump straight into the top matching gift software providers!
1. Top Matching Gift Software Providers for Nonprofits
Corporate giving represents a major revenue opportunity for nonprofits, but researching your donors’ employers can be fairly difficult and time-consuming. Plus, for nonprofits, this process never ends.
Once you initially gather information on local companies’ matching gift programs, your team has to stay up-to-date on the changes made within these programs. You also have to be constantly on the lookout for new employers each time a donor submits a gift.
This may be doable for very small nonprofits, but as their donor bases grow, staying updated without effective software is virtually impossible.
Why It’s Important for Nonprofits to Use Matching Gift Software
Many donors don’t know how to navigate their employer’s corporate giving process—and some are unaware that their employers even offer matching gift programs at all. For that reason, nonprofits tend to leave a substantial amount of revenue on the table every year.
Matching gift software not only helps spread awareness around matching gift programs, but also helps guide donors through the process in an easy and intuitive way. Any size nonprofit can benefit from a matching gift database—no matter how small or large. Without a comprehensive system, your nonprofit will inevitably overlook these major revenue opportunities.
So how do you choose the right matching gift software? Be sure to invest in a solution that’s frequently updated, comprehensive, and easy to use, such as the leading matching gift solutions: Double the Donation’s Premium Plan and 360MatchPro by Double the Donation.
Double the Donation’s Premium Plan
Double the Donation specializes in intuitive fundraising tools that help nonprofits raise more money from corporate philanthropy programs. Within a comprehensive employer database, there’s information on more than 20,000 companies, which represent more than 15 million match-eligible individuals.
Double the Donation’s Premium Plan is an ideal option for many small to mid-sized nonprofits.
As the most comprehensive source for all things matching gifts, Double the Donation’s matching gift software ensures your nonprofit will boost its matching gift potential. Here’s how it works:
- Your nonprofit embeds a search tool plugin onto your site. It’s a simple snippet of code and can be embedded anywhere! This gives donors direct access to the information in the matching gift database.
- Donors access the matching gift database. All donors need to do is type in the name of their employer, and the search tool will populate the necessary information about their company’s matching gift program.
- Donors view the results and submit a match request. The search results will present all available information (e.g. electronic forms, guidelines, etc.) on each company’s matching gift program.
Benefits of using Double the Donation’s Premium Plan include:
- Comprehensiveness. Double the Donation can help you pinpoint the vast majority of your match opportunities due to its comprehensive database. Even though many of the companies in the database are managed by different corporate vendors, all available guidelines are presented within the tool.
- Customizability. For those who wish to configure the search tool plugin to match their nonprofit’s color scheme or other branding, there are more advanced customization options. That said, the tool also looks great as is!
- User-friendliness. The search tool is user-friendly, offering straightforward information that’s easy to digest. Your donors will be able to follow the guidelines that direct them to the electronic forms and PDFs they need to submit a match request.
Double the Donation is the leading matching gift software vendor for a reason. Think your nonprofit can benefit? Start a free trial of the leading matching gift database.
360MatchPro by Double the Donation
360MatchPro by Double the Donation is the complete end-to-end matching gift solution that automates the majority of the process. The platform pulls directly from Double the Donation’s matching gift database, giving you the most comprehensive coverage of matching gift programs but taking the process a few steps further than the Premium Plan.
360MatchPro is the ideal option if you work for a large nonprofit or university that brings in more than $1 million in revenue per year. It’s also a great solution for any sized nonprofit that uses fundraising software that integrates with the platform.
Here’s how it works to simplify corporate giving for nonprofits:
- An individual submits a donation. When donors enter their information into your donation forms, the platform automatically identifies their matching gift eligibility by scanning the details they provide. This may include email domains or employer information.
- 360MatchPro automatically follows up. Depending on the donor’s eligibility, the platform automatically triggers customizable follow-up emails to these donors. If they’re eligible for a matching gift, they will be prompted to submit a request. If their eligibility is unknown or they are ineligible, they will be prompted to double check using the search tool.
- The platform tracks matches to completion. 360MatchPro enables customizable tracking so you know where your donors are in the match process.
Benefits of using 360MatchPro by Double the Donation include:
- More matching gift opportunities. 360MatchPro allows you to automatically determine matching gift eligibility among your donors, which means more matching gift requests will be successfully submitted.
- More matches driven to completion. The platform directs donors to their company’s matching gift forms right after the donation has been made and continues to follow up afterward. This means more submissions will be completed and bring in exponentially more matching gift revenue for your organization.
- More time to focus on top opportunities. Because 360MatchPro automates every matching gift opportunity, big or small, your organization can focus its efforts on the most valuable match-eligible donations.
360MatchPro by Double the Donation will ensure your organization doesn’t leave large sums of matching gift revenue on the table. The platform essentially serves as your own matching gift team, automating the process so your staff can focus on the most important thing: serving your mission.
Unlike many matching gift software solutions for nonprofits, 360MatchPro integrates with more than 50 of the leading fundraising platforms. In other words, if your organization already leverages specific donation or CRM software, you won’t have to worry about transferring your donor data between platforms.
The system also has state-of-the-art security that will protect all of your donors’ data and help your team gain better insight into your revenue opportunities.
360MatchPro’s integrations include:
- CRMs, such as Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge NXT) and Salesforce
- Peer-to-peer fundraising platforms, such as Classy and DonorDrive
- Donation software, such as Luminate, Convio, Funraise, and iModules
These integrations allow you to continue using the fundraising software you already leverage, while also sending the data through 360MatchPro’s platform so you can automatically identify new matching gift opportunities.
360MatchPro is the next evolution of advanced matching gift tools for nonprofits. If your organization isn’t using dedicated matching gift software, there’s no doubt that you’re missing out on major opportunities.
2. Matching Gift Software Vendors for Companies
If your company doesn’t already have a philanthropic program in place, there’s no time like the present! There are innumerable benefits for having these programs, which you can read about here.
If you already have a match program in place, your company may be considering switching to an electronic matching gift system. Not only does that save your company time, but it ensures there aren’t any gaps in your guidelines.
Let’s go through each of the leading software vendors for companies:
America’s Charities Engage
Engage is an end-to-end giving and corporate social responsibility (CSR) solution that offers a holistic view of your global impact.
The platform provides a comprehensive and flexible solution to help your company streamline all of your community programs and maximize your social investment. Best of all? You can manage all of your corporate philanthropy and giving programs from one place.
Engage helps to streamline:
- Corporate philanthropy, grants, and sponsorships
- Donation matching
- Employee workplace giving
- Employee engagement
- Volunteer management
- And more!
You can also track your goals easily and share eye-catching reports and dashboards using real-time data.
Originally founded in Canada in 2008, Benevity has rapidly developed a major presence with companies based in the United States as well.
This platform strives to create compelling giving programs that help companies attract, retain, and engage employees. In addition to a matching gift program, the vendor allows businesses to implement other philanthropic programs, such as Dollars for Doers and charitable gift cards to motivate employees to generously give.
A few of Benevity’s clients include:
Through the software, corporations can evaluate their success in making a positive impact on their communities. That way, they can adjust their efforts to create the best possible giving program.
Bright Funds, a leading CSR technology platform, enables companies to create more effective philanthropic programs. In short, it tackles workplace giving, volunteerism, and grants management.
This software simplifies the donation process so that companies can give to highly effective charities working on the issues that matter most to employees. In order to do this, it uses foundation-level research to impact nonprofits such as the following:
- Environmental organizations
- Educational institutions
- Human rights organizations
- Health-focused nonprofits
When this software is enabled, employees build a portfolio of charitable “investments” by selecting the cause-based funds and individual nonprofits that reflect their passions.
From the company’s perspective, they’ll be able to easily implement their program. When doing this, they can choose to match donations, encourage employee volunteerism through grants, and organize their own volunteer events.
Founded in 2007, Causecast is one of the most innovative players in the corporate giving space. Causecast’s Community Impact Platform is designed to automate, and encourage employee engagement through corporate giving and volunteering programs.
The CIP platform both enables employees to participate with approved causes, all while giving administrators tools for campaign creation, and detailed custom reporting.
Like other major CSR companies, this software vendor aims to build better, more generous workplaces through philanthropic giving.
To do this, Causecast offers its services to time-conscious program administrators and employees who want to engage with their companies and community. Also, services are offered to business executives who strive to improve the employee experience and boost employee retention.
For over 20 years, CyberGrants has been a leader in the online grantmaking space. Over time, the company has recorded many firsts through its initiatives, including:
- Developing the first online application
- Providing the first online grants administration tools
- Creating the first online workplace giving and volunteering systems for corporations
A few years ago, CyberGrants merged with the JK Group, which owned the Consiva and Easymatch platforms. Today, it manages employee giving programs for many global companies including:
As a flexible philanthropy software platform, it provides numerous, innovative ways for companies to develop their programs.
Through its dedicated corporate social responsibility platform, YourCause helps corporations of all sizes. This platform, called CSRconnect, is a customizable community tool that centralizes employee engagement.
When businesses invest in the CSRconnect platform, they’ll be able to enable year-round matching gifts, annual pledge campaigns, and more. Plus, the platform also leverages peer-to-peer fundraising. In other words, employees will raise money on behalf of the nonprofits they care about, and you can match those donations.
Recently, YourCause acquired the major CSR platform Amerigives, too. A few of YourCause’s well-known clients include:
Plus, as a business professional, you’ve likely heard of the leading CRM system Blackbaud. YourCause integrates with this major CRM software, meaning you won’t have to spend time transferring your employees’ data.
If that’s not convincing enough, the customizable software allows companies and employees to access 300,000+ global nonprofits from 170 countries, which is astounding!
Charityvest simplifies the giving process for both donors and charities by allowing users to create personal charitable giving funds so donors can securely and freely donate stock and cash to charities without losing a percentage to transaction fees.
Charityvest for Workplaces also offers workplace giving programs to provide employees with tax-deductible giving accounts, unlocking automatic charitable matching, reporting and administration for companies. Their workplace giving programs are trusted and utilized by companies nationwide including:
With Charityvest for Workplaces your company can implement fully automated, rules-based grant matching, provide employees unlimited zero-fee giving to 1.4 million charities, and see real-time reporting on charitable impact.
Millie provides workplace giving for all by allowing companies to create simple and flexible social impact programs on a budget. Their platform brings the power of a giving-wallet to everyday donors by providing financial tools that allow for easy, simple and strategic giving.
Millie allows companies to match employee donations, manage employee volunteering by creating events and tracking impact, build giving campaigns, and gift charitable dollars to employees and customers. Their workplace giving program empowers community across companies all over the globe, some of their clients include:
Millie’s workplace giving platform is designed to provide a comprehensive and affordable solution for companies of all sizes, so that reaching CSR goals is achievable for all.
For nonprofits and companies alike, corporate social responsibility is highly influential and catching on rapidly. From the nonprofit perspective, corporate philanthropy means boosting revenue. Not leveraging a matching gift database equates to not fulfilling matching gift potential.
From the business perspective, corporate philanthropy means developing a brand, promoting a generous workplace, and giving back to the community. However, developing and maintaining a giving program is nearly impossible without software.
Now that you know more about specific software solutions, start leveraging this technology in your corporate giving strategy!
Additional Resources for Nonprofits
- Corporate Matching Gift Programs: Understanding the Basics. Matching gift programs are one of the most common forms of corporate philanthropy. That’s why understanding the basics is essential. Learn more here!
- Corporate Giving Programs: The Ultimate Fundraising Guide. Corporate giving encompasses more than just matching gifts. Find out about other types of corporate philanthropy with this comprehensive guide.
- Top 30 Matching Gift Companies: Find Your Match. Wondering if your donors are linked to any of the top matching gift companies? Check out this comprehensive list.
Additional Resources for Corporations
- Matching Gifts: The Definitive Guide for Employers. A surprising number of companies have not yet started a matching gift program, even though these programs are proven to help retain and engage employees, showcase CSR, and make a positive impact in the community. This guide from America’s Charities will break down the basics and benefits of matching gift programs, explain how to set one up, offer advice from America’s Charities’ team of experts, and more. Take advantage of their years of experience, research, and expertise and download this guide!