While some companies modify their matching gift programs on a whim, or tie their benefit plan changes to a fiscal year rather than calendar year, the majority of companies finalize their benefit plans in early September / October of each year.
It’s during this time that changes to the core structure of each company’s matching gift program is typically outlined.
These include guidelines such as:
- Is a matching gift program offered?
- Is a volunteer grant program offered?
- What are the minimum and maximum amounts matched?
- What employees are eligible?
- What nonprofits are eligible?
- What grants amounts are awarded based on volunteer hours?
We place the heaviest emphasis on reviewing and updating our company data from November through January of each year.
Whenever we make an update, the changes are automatically reflected on all of our nonprofit clients’ matching gift websites and installed plugins.
Learn more about the research methods our team uses >