While Double the Donation’s custom matching gift and volunteer grant websites is a cost effective and efficient way for organizations to raise more money from employee giving programs, it’s only valuable if organizations promote these programs to donors, members, and volunteers. That’s why we provide marketing materials to help you promote matching gift and volunteer grants.
Here are eight of the best ways to ensure you’re maximizing fundraising from employee matching gift programs.
Matching Gift Fundraising
- Modify the online donation confirmation screen so donors are prompted to submit employee matching gift requests immediately after making a donation online.
- Determine the top 10 companies in your area that offer matching gift programs. Share this list with everyone involved in fundraising so they’re familiar with these employers.
- Create a newsletter article. Many of your donors and members work for companies with these programs but have never even heard of employee matching gift programs. Here are a few sample articles.
- Create or utilize an easy to understand graphic to promote employee matching gifts on your website. Here are a few example matching gift banner ads.
- Subscribe to a service such as Double the Donation where donors and members can instantly check their matching gift eligibility, review program guidelines, and gain access to the forms / online links necessary for them to submit their matching gift request. Take a tour of our service.
- Thank donors who submit matching gift forms. They’ll appreciate the acknowledgement and will be more likely to donate / request matching funds again in the future.
- Promote matching gifts using social media. It’s an easy and cost effective way to reach digitally savvy donors and members. Here are sample posts that you can schedule in advance.
- Ensure everyone from your membership and development teams is familiar with employee matching gift programs. Internal education is crucial to developing a culture where matching gifts are promoted to donors and members.
Implementing these simple steps into your matching gift fundraising strategy can quickly grow your nonprofit revenue from employee giving programs.