Social Media and Matching Gift Programs
Social media – we all use it in one way or another. But are you maximizing the impact of your social media platforms for your fundraising efforts? Promote corporate matching gift options using Twitter, Facebook, and the like, as a quick and easy, and cost effective way (read: free) to reach your digitally savvy masses!
One great thing about social media is the ability to schedule posts in advance and on a recurring basis, so you don’t even have to remember to do it again for quite some time.
Here are 12 sample posts (Twitter and/or Facebook) we’ve created for your organization to utilize, just so you can see how easy it can be. Remember, Twitter posts must be 140 characters or less, but Facebook has no limit.
Sample Matching Gift Posts for Twitter
- Did you know your gift can be doubled, tripled & even quadrupled? Your employer might offer matching gift programs. <Your Double the Donation URL>
- Did you donate to us in 2012? There’s still time to submit a matching gift request from your employer! <Your Double the Donation URL>
- It’s February – do you love us? We love you, too! Click here to see if your company will double your donations: <Your Double the Donation URL>
- Ever wonder if your employer matches donations? Search our database to learn more about your employer at <Your Double the Donation URL>
- Last year, we raised $X from corporate matching gift programs – help make 2013 a better year! <Your Double the Donation URL>
- Did you know that tons of organizations offer matching gift opportunities? Check to see if yours does. <Your Double the Donation URL>
- It takes just a few minutes to submit corporate employee matching gift forms… have you submitted yours? <Your Double the Donation URL>
Sample Matching Gift Posts for Facebook
- We sincerely appreciate all donations to <Your Organization’s Name>! Did you know that your generosity has the potential to be doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled? Check to see if your employer offers a matching gift program! <Your Double the Donation URL>
- What do Microsoft, Bank of America, IBM, and Verizon all have in common? Each one matches donations made by their employees’ to nonprofit organizations. This means that if you donate, or have donated to <Your Organization’s Name>, and work for one of these four companies, the company will double your donation. Many major employers offer similar programs. Search <Your Double the Donation URL> to find out if your employer offers something like this, as well as to access program guidelines, how-to instructions, and relevant forms. Thanks in advance for taking five minutes to double your donation!
- A huge thanks to all of our donors, and a double thanks to those who submit matching fund requests from their employers! Does your employer offer a program like this? Check today! <Your Double the Donation URL>
- Help us <Your Organization’s Mission>. Ask your employer to match, double, or even triple your donation today! Check out your organization’s matching gift options here: <Your Double the Donation URL>
- We like to brag that our donors are the best. Not only do they contribute to us, but they also take the extra step to see if their employer offers a matching gift program that may double the total donation to our organization! Have you checked to see if your company offers a matching gift option? Thanks for being a super donor if so! Check here to see if your company has a program like this: <Your Double the Donation URL>
For more information on how to use social media to market matching gift programs, check out some additional social media ideas.
Utilizing Matching Gift Programs
Do you work at a nonprofit? If so, take a look at Double the Donation’s matching gift service.
We work with nonprofits across the country to help them increase fundraising from employee matching gift and volunteer grant programs. For many nonprofits, it can be a challenge to track where employees work and communicate out matching gift information to donors.
Let Double the Donation do the hard work of maintaining accurate records of companies which offer employee giving programs. Set up a custom website today which your nonprofit can use to raise more money from employee giving programs.