Does your nonprofit use NeonCRM?
Are you looking to incorporate matching gift information into both your website as well as the NeonCRM donation process?
If so then this NeonCRM / Double the Donation Matching Gift Integration guide is for you.
Double the Donation’s Relationship with NeonCRM:
NeonCRM empowers nonprofit and membership organizations to raise more money, while helping your nonprofit’s staff manage day-to-day processes more efficiently through automation. NeonCRM’s all-in-one database and online forms integrate with any website, auto-feed data into NeonCRM, and allow for real-time processing and recurring payment scheduling.
Double the Donation is the leading provider of employee matching gift data and services to nonprofits. Double the Donation helps nonprofits raise more money from employee matching gift programs by providing easy access to the company specific matching gift forms, guidelines, and instructions that a nonprofit’s donors need.
Purpose of this guide: This guide is designed to help organizations who use NeonCRM incorporate Double the Donation’s employee matching gift information into the fundraising process.
The below steps are applicable to nonprofits which already have an account with Double the Donation (Tier 2 and above) and NeonCRM. If you don’t have an account with Double the Donation you can:
- Learn more about Double the Donation’s service
- View Double the Donation’s annual service fees and start a risk-free trial
NeonCRM and Double the Donation are two separate and unrelated companies.
Four Ways to Integrate Double the Donation’s Matching Gift Plugin with NeonCRM:
There are four recommended ways to integrate Double the Donation’s matching gift search tools into your nonprofit’s fundraising strategy:
- On a dedicated matching gift page
- On the donation screen
- In automated donation acknowledgement emails
- In separate matching gift email campaigns
To maximize matching gift results we encourage organizations to incorporate Double the Donation’s tool into as many locations as possible.
Incorporate Double the Donation’s matching gift plugin into a Dedicated Matching Gift Page:
Purpose: You want to create a matching gift page which you can direct donors and supporters to via campaign emails, automated donation confirmation emails, social media, across your website, and throughout your broader fundraising efforts.
A dedicated matching gift page should do two things:
- Educate the user about matching gifts both in a general sense and as they pertain to your nonprofit.
- Make it as simple as possible for the donor to research if his or her company offers a matching gift program.
Options: Given the flexibility in NeonCRM’s systems you have two options for creating a dedicated matching gift page:
- Create a custom matching gift page using NeonCRM’s page builder tool
- Create a custom matching gift page on your own website
Option #1: Create a matching gift page using NeonCRM
Step #1: Create a new page using NeonCRM’s page builder. You can do so by going to the “Secure Login Pages” section under “Forms & Pages” then clicking on “New Page”.
Step #2: Fill out the appropriate fields on the new web page.
- Page name – Set to “Matching Gifts”
- Description – Set to “Dedicated Matching Gift Page”
- Valid dates – Set the “Valid To” date to many years from now so the page stays live
- Availability – Set to “Public”
The page content should be made up of two sections:
- A short overview on matching gifts. Here’s sample text you can include:
- A header – “Welcome to our Matching Gift and Volunteer Grant Resource Page”
- A short matching gift explanation – “Did you know many companies offer a matching gift program to encourage philanthropy among their employees? And that some companies will even match to spouses and retirees? By simply completing a matching gift form (either online or via a paper form), you may be able to double, or even triple, the impact of your gift! Use the search field below to see if your employer offers a matching gift program.”
- Your organization’s Double the Donation matching gift plugin code. This can be accessed through your Double the Donation account management pages.
- Note – You’ll need to add the plugin code while editing the page’s source code.
Then click “Submit” to save the changes.
Step #3: Publish your NeonCRM matching gift page by clicking on the “Publish” link.
Step #4: Voila! Your matching gift page is completed and you should be able to see your matching gift page URL.
If you visit the URL you’ll see your completed matching gift page on NeonCRM’s site:
Option #2: Embed Double the Donation’s plugin code on a web page on your primary website
Many organizations choose to create a dedicated matching gift page on their own websites so the look and feel of the matching gift page is consistent with the rest of the organization’s website. This can easily be done by adding Double the Donation’s plugin code directly to a page on the nonprofit’s own website.
Step #1: Create a dedicated matching gift page on your main website. Ask your nonprofit’s webmaster to create the page with a URL such as https://your-organization.org/matching-gifts. Then add a short matching gift overview.
Example of a completed matching gift page from WNET Thirteen (New York’s Public Broadcasting Station)
Step #2: Generate the matching gift search tool by adding Double the Donation’s plugin code to your organization’s matching gift page.
The plugin code can be found in your organization’s Double the Donation account management pages. You’ll want to use the following steps:
- Log into your Double the Donation account.
- Access the embed code.
- Copy the embed code to the dedicated matching gift page on your own site.
Double the Donation’s searchable matching gift plugin will automatically load wherever you added the embed code.
Step #3: Direct donors to your dedicated matching gift page.
Promote matching gifts using NeonCRM as well as in locations such as:
For Double the Donation’s complete marketing toolkit which includes suggested marketing locations, downloadable graphics, sample wording, and examples visit https://doublethedonation.com/marketing-matching-gifts/.
Incorporate Double the Donation’s matching gift data into the donation form:
Please note that if you have multiple different donation forms you’ll need to go through these steps multiple times.
Step #1: Under “System Settings” click on “Home/Dashboard”. Then click the “Configure Fields & Sections” link under “Forms & Web Pages”.
Step #2: Select the form you’d like to edit (use the drop down boxes). To make changes to every donation form click “Configure Standard Donation Form Fields”. To make changes to a specific donation form, choose a campaign then select “Next”.
Step #3: Add a new section to your donation form. You can do this by first choosing where you want the new section to appear on your form and clicking “Add Section”.
Step #4: Add your matching gift text and Double the Donation’s plugin. You can use the standard plugin or the matching gift iFrame.
- Section Title – “Will Your Company Match Your Donation?”
- Section Head – “Find out instantly and access the appropriate forms, guidelines, and instructions.”
- Then add your Double the Donation matching gift plugin code
Step #5: View your donation form. This will now include Double the Donation’s matching gift plugin.
Incorporate Double the Donation’s matching gift data into automated donation confirmation emails:
Purpose: Whenever an individual makes a donation to your nonprofit an acknowledgement email is auto-generated. It’s an effective place to highlight matching gifts. Include a short matching gift overview then direct donors to your dedicated matching gift page.
Step #1: Navigate to “Home/Dashboard” under “System Settings.
Step #2: Scroll down to “Communications” and select “System Emails”.
Step #3: Select “Detail” next to the “Donation Appreciation” system email.
Step #4: Click on the “Build New Version” link.
Step #5: Select the template for the “Donation Appreciation” email and click “Next”.
Step #6: You can use the “Default Version” of the “Donation Appreciation” as a starting spot. To do so, click “Build From Existing Email”. Then click the “Select” action next to the “Default Version” of the “Donation Appreciation” email.
Step #7: Add matching gift wording and a graphic to the donation confirmation email. Link these to your dedicated matching gift page.
- Section Header – “Make Your Donation Go Twice as Far”
- Paragraph #1 – “Did you know that many companies match donations made by their employees to our organization?”
- Paragraph #2 / hyperlink – “Click here to see if your company will match your donation and to access the appropriate forms, guidelines, and instructions.”
You can add a matching gift graphic to ensure matching gifts stand out. Make sure to link it to your dedicated matching gift page.
Every time you receive a donation an automated email will go out highlighting and promoting matching gifts. When donors click on the matching gift links they’ll be taken to your dedicated matching gift page where they can access the appropriate company specific matching gift forms, guidelines, and instructions.
Sample Acknowledgement Email Featuring Matching Gifts
Incorporate Double the Donation’s matching gift data into a separate email campaign:
Step #1: Create a new email campaign by navigating to the “Email Campaigns” section under “Communications”. Then click “Build New Campaign Email”.
Step #2: Choose the email template you’d like to use and click “Next”.
Step #3: Write your matching gift email. You can change the color of the font by clicking on the A icon in the editor. You can add links to text and graphics by clicking chain icon. When a donor clicks on one of the links take the donor to your dedicated matching gift page.
Here’s suggested text:
- Header – “Find out if your employer has a matching gift program and double your donation to the <insert organization name>.”
- Body Paragraph #1 – “It’s easy to find out. Simply click here and type in your company name. If your company is listed, you can fill out the forms and often submit them right online.“
- Body Paragraph #2 – “If your employer is not listed, ask your HR department if your company has a matching program or would be willing to consider one.”
- Body paragraph #3 – “Every gift we receive is significant in funding our fight to <insert mission statement>; doubling your gift means we can move even faster in our efforts to <insert desired outcome>.”
Suggestion – Add a matching gift graphic and link both the graphic and text to your dedicated matching gift page.
Step #4: Configure the subject line, sender name, and sender email address.
Step #5: Voila! Your matching gift email is ready to be sent out.
Want to Get Started with Double the Donation’s Service?
Use one of the following methods to learn more about Double the Donation’s service: