Does your nonprofit use DonorDrive and are you looking to integrate Double the Donation’s matching gift plugin into your DonorDrive donation pages?
If so then this guide is for you.
Double the Donation’s Relationship with DonorDrive:
DonorDrive is a leading provider of technology and credit card processing services to nonprofits and schools to make all their fundraising efforts more successful.
Double the Donation is a leading provider of employee matching gift data and tools to nonprofits.
This guide was put together to help organizations who use DonorDrive’s fundraising platform incorporate Double the Donation’s employee matching gift plugin into their fundraising pages. DonorDrive and Double the Donation are two separate and unrelated companies.
At risk of stating the obvious, the below steps and screenshots are applicable to organizations which already have an account with Double the Donation and DonorDrive.
If you don’t have an account with Double the Donation you can:
- Learn more about our service
- View the different integration options
- View our annual service fees and start a trial
Three Ways to Integrate Double the Donation’s Matching Gift Plugin into DonorDrive:
Method #1: Create a Separate Dedicated Matching Gift Page
If you’re hosting some of your nonprofit’s pages on DonorDrive’s platform you can add a separate matching gift page.
To do so it’s an eight step process (click here to download our DonorDrive matching gift integration guide which includes screenshots):
- When logged into your nonprofit’s primary admin account in DonorDrive scroll over “Content Mgmt” and select “Add Page”
- Fill out the fields to add a new page which will include Double the Donation’s matching gift plugin
- Now that a new page has been created you’ll select the page and click “Edit Content”
- You’re now in the page editor. Select “Edit”
- Select “Source” and then copy and paste Double the Donation’s matching gift plugin code into the editor. Then click “Save Changes”
- Verify Double the Donation’s matching gift plugin is working and click “Save Changes”
- Publish your new matching gift page
- Verify Double the Donation’s matching gift plugin is up and running by visiting your main DonorDrive pages
Method #2: Incorporate Double the Donation’s matching gift plugin into all thank you screens:
After an individual makes a donation is a perfect time to promote and make it easy for donors to submit matching gifts.
Double the Donation’s matching gift plugin can be added to all of your donation thank pages by following these seven steps (click here to download our DonorDrive matching gift integration guide which includes screenshots):
- Navigate to the list of each of your donation pages on DonorDrive’s platform
- Select a “Thank You” page and then click “Edit”
- Click “Source”, add an introduction using HTML code (optional), add the Double the Donation plugin code, and click “Save Changes”
- Navigate back to the list of each of your donation pages on DonorDrive’s platform
- Select the page you just edited, and click “View”
- Verify Double the Donation’s matching gift search functionality is working
- Return back to the list of “Default Content”, and edit the other “Thank You” pages using the same steps
Method #3: Add a Matching Gift Resource for your Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers
Matching gifts must be initiated by the donor but most donors have either never heard of these programs or don’t know how to submit a matching gift.
If your organization is lucky enough to have supporters who are actively involved in peer-to-peer fundraising you should provide them with a matching gift guide. This provides them with a quick introductory lesson and encourages them to check if any of their friends or family members work for a company with a matching gift program.
It’s a four step process to upload a matching gift resource to DonorDrive’s platform (click here to download our DonorDrive matching gift integration guide which includes screenshots):
- Download Double the Donation’s matching gift guide for organizations to share with their fundraisers
- Access the section of DonorDrive’s site where you can upload resources for peer-to-peer fundraisers
- Upload the Double the Donation matching gift guide and add a description
- Log in to one of your test peer-to-peer fundraiser accounts and verify the resource guide is available by clicking on “Resources”
Download the matching gift resource guide PDF from the following URL:
Have additional questions or need extra help setting up your matching gift integration with DonorDrive?