Promote Employee Matching Gifts and Volunteer Grants
The importance of marketing
Lack of awareness is one of the main reasons individuals don't request employee matching gifts or volunteer grants.
The importance of marketing matching gifts and volunteer grants to your donors and volunteers cannot be overstated. Don’t rely on the “If we build it, they will come” approach.
The best way to increase fundraising from these sources is to promote your website.
or use our contact form
Allowing donors to access matching gift and volunteer grant information on their own is key to increasing donations. Here are a variety of easy to implement marketing strategies your organization can use to promote matching gifts and volunteer grants:
1. Add a link in your organization's navigation bar to allow your donors to easily access matching gift information.
2. Modify the ways to give page on your main website to promote matching gifts and volunteer grants. Include a link to your matching gift and volunteer grant website.
3. Modify the donate now payment page to include a link to your matching gift and volunteer grant website.
4. Modify the online donation confirmation screen to request that donors check and see whether their donation is eligible to be matched.
5. Modify the donation or volunteer acknowledgement letter to suggest donors and volunteers check to see if they can double their donation.
6. Place our pre-made banner ads on your website.
7. Include an article in your newsletter or on your blog about the impact additional fundraising from matching gifts and volunteer grants can have on your organization.
8. Add a sentence about employee matching gifts to the email signatures of membership managers and annual fund managers.
9. Create a matching gift insert to include in new member / donor welcome kits as well as renewal packets
10. Make an end of the year appeal to donors who made donations at any point in the past year.
11. Use social media - An easy and cost effective way to reach digitally savvy donors and volunteers.
12. Create awareness internally in your organization so everyone is familiar with the concept of employee matching gift and volunteer grants and knows about your organization's website.
The more ways you provide to donors and volunteers to instantly determine their eligibility, the more matching gift and volunteer grant money you'll bring in.